As a manufacturer of cables and wiring products you have to ensure your products meet the needs of end-users. One way to differentiate your business from that of competitors is to demonstrate that your products are safe and reliable.
Whether you supply ultra high-voltage, high-voltage, medium-voltage or low-voltage cables and accessories, at DEKRA we have the test facilities and expertise needed to assess your products against international standards or client specifications. Our certificates open doors to international markets. We test and certify the following products:
- CENELEC HD 21 (cables with thermoplastic insulation)
- CENELEC HD 22 (cables with cross-linked insulation)
- IEC 60227 (PVC insulated cables)
- IEC 60245 (rubber insulated cables)
- Low/voltage cables against British standards (BS 4553, BS 5467, BS 6004, BS 6234, BS 6500, BS 6724, BS 6746, BS 7211, BS 7629, BS 7846, BS 7889)
- Fire tests (IEC 60331, IEC 60332, EN 50200, EN 50265, EN 50266, EN 50362, BS 4066, BS 6387, BS 8434)
- Test on gases emitted during combustion of materials from cables (IEC 60754-1, IEC 60754-2, EN 50267, BS 6425)
- Measuring the smoke density of during burning under defined conditions (IEC 61034, EN 50268).